BASIC LIFE SUPPORT (formerly called BLS for Health Care Providers)
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi--rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
The AHA BLS Provider Course is designed to provide healthcare providers the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and manage choking.
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Management of Choking
Emergency Medical Training Center provides CPR certification to healthcare providers like physicians, nurses, paramedics, EMTs , pharmacists, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physician assistants, medical residents or fellows, medical students, nursing students, nurses aides, medical or nursing assistants and other allied health personnel.
I'm not a healthcare care provider. Can I take the class?
Yes. Anyone can take the BLS class, however, aside from successfully completing the skills potion, you will need to pass the BLS exam portion of the class.
Classroom: New Certification Price (comes with student manual): $85.00
Classroom: Re-certification Price (does not come with student manual): $70.00
Student Manuals: $15.00